Author Topic: 'Having An Affair?" A Handbook for the "Other Woman"  (Read 9187 times)

Freyaskitty

'Having An Affair?" A Handbook for the "Other Woman"
« on: May 19, 2008, 06:22:13 PM »

I stumbled upon this book about a couple of weeks ago and WOW! What an eye-opener! I highly recommend this book but be prepared. It will take away all your excuses, his excuses, and smack you up side the head with a serious dose of reality!  NOT for the faint-hearted (which I seriously doubt exists on this particular list). ;)

Product Description:
"Having an Affair?" (A Handbook for the Other Womam) is a cynical yet intimate journey into the mind of the serial adulterer. It reveals the mental gymnastics involved in having an affair, and is a "SIN-tillating" read for women and men alike! This book will enlighten everyone involved in a triangle of deceit, making them savvier and saner, sooner, and shaking up marraiges the world over. Mistresses will be empowered, cheating husbands frightened, and unsuspecting wives shocked.

If you've also read this book, please post reviews.

Click title to review and/or purchase this book from Amazon:
Having an Affair?: A Handbook for the "Other Woman"
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 11:25:35 PM by Admin »

Offline Hidden

• Legendary Member
Re: 'Having An Affair?" A Handbook for the "Other Woman"
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 06:28:07 PM »
I own it. And I hate it. I don't think the author is just trying to get women to be realistic. She's bitter. By the time you get done you'll believe that all MM are assholes and cake-eaters and that all OW are delusional.

----

Patrick = my love
BB - Adopted baby brother
The Crazy Lady - Patrick's W
The Cousin - Patrick's current GF
Canada - Patrick's xMW
Turk - my roommate

Offline Hidden

• Five of Cups
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 10:05:17 PM »
I agree with LL.  I bought that book thinking it might offer some in-sight.  Her in-sight into my situation?  That I should feel LUCKY to have netted myself a MW, because, after all, aren't all men just out for some cheap ass and no emotional connection?  Yeah, right, of course, FUCK YOU. 

She's just bitter because obviously, she felt the same way all of us did...and she got burned badly.  So instead of taking it as a lesson and actually putting together a book about being the OW/OM, she put together a list of all the reasons why not to be in the situation.  It's useless.

Sorry, did I rant?
History repeats itself - the only thing that changes is the role we play.

Offline Hidden

• Legendary Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 10:19:33 PM »
We should all get together and write a decent book. And then send this author copies. lol
----

Patrick = my love
BB - Adopted baby brother
The Crazy Lady - Patrick's W
The Cousin - Patrick's current GF
Canada - Patrick's xMW
Turk - my roommate

Offline Hidden

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 01:53:35 PM »
Rather than copy and paste a lengthy illustration of my point, I am directly referencing what showed up when I was googling a book just now. This TOW thread popped up as the third result.  My comment should probably be on Tech, but I'm not sure.

Just an FYI to all of us, please remember to avoid any TMI. I never in a million years would have thought that this would have shown up at the top of the Google search page.

The mods warn us all the time, and this example is one of the reasons why.

SouthofNorth

Here is how it appeared on Google-

The Crucible: Top Ten Quotes | Novelguide
The Crucible: Top Ten Quotes, Free Study Guides and book notes including comprehensive chapter analysis, complete summary analysis, author biography information ...
www.novelguide.com/thecrucible/toptenquotes.html

After the Affair - iUniverse
This book gives insight on what to do when infidelity has occurred in the relationship. What happens after the affair has been discovered? It assists with working ...
www.iuniverse.com/Bookstore/BookDetail.aspx?BookId=SKU... - Cached

'Having An Affair?" A Handbook for the "Other Woman" - T.O.W.
I stumbled upon this book about a couple of weeks ago and WOW! What an eye-opener! I highly recommend this book but be prepared. It will take away
www.the-other-woman.com/index.php?topic=6293.0 - Cached

cil99

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 02:02:40 PM »
To once again clarify what guests are able to see when they come here, please review this thread:

http://www.the-other-woman.com/index.php?topic=26601.msg207036#msg207036

If you are a member of this forum, and are logged into the forum when you Google this site, you will have access to everything, and the example that SofN outlines above is accurate.   

If you are not a member, and Google this forum, you will only be able to see what the link above explains.